DLT4EU is an acceleration program designed to support the development of Distributed Ledger Technology projects that are committed to have an impact on the social and public good. Within the programme innovators, entrepreneurs and developers face real-world, unmet challenges in the public and social sectors to create viable social ventures. DLT4EU focuses on two high-impact sectors: Circular Economy and Digital Citizenship. The program is led by Metabolic (NL), Digital Catapult (UK), and Ideas for Change (ES), with direct support and advice of the European Commission’s Joint Research Center.
The main activities carried out during the project are:
- Development of the new Blockchain toolbox based on Hyperledger Sawtooth.
- Solution implementation and validation in the laboratory and in the City of Carloforte (Sardinia, Italy).
- Reinforcement of PROSUME’s market and business strategy, with the support of mentors and advisors in the field of digital technologies, business development, marketing intelligence and social innovation.
- Networking and knowledge exchange with leading players in the innovation and DLT world.
Within the project, PROSUME installed ~30 DLT nodes in consumers’ smart metering devices, creating a network of prosumers, enabling monitoring of energy consumption and generation and energy credits exchange.
- company: PROSUME srl
- counterpart: EC Joint Research Center
- type: Grant
- date: May 2020 – February 2021